Paw Patrol is a wildly popular show across North America, so it’s no surprise that a ton of little ones request Paw Patrol themed birthday parties. Birthdays aren’t complete without birthday cakes, and custom cakes add that special touch that makes a celebration feel more personal. For kids, custom cakes are absolutely magical. A Paw Patrol themed cake can bring their favourite characters to life, or turn their favourite colours into an incredibly tasty experience. Here are 4 bakeries in Ottawa that do Paw Patrol cakes for kids that are out of this world.
Artistic Cake Design
Artistic Cake Design is a family business in Ottawa that is run by three generations of cake designers. They do incredible work with fondant and deco. They can work with any inspiration and colour scheme. The family does all of their baking on-site, and their years of experience can bring any theme or inspiration to life. If you’re looking for anything from superhero cakes, to princess cakes in Ottawa, you won’t be disappointed.
Carla’s Cakes does everything from custom cakes, cake-pops to cupcakes. They are an incredibly versatile company that can provide nut free, gluten free, sugar free, vegan and halal cakes for any order. They also offers customizable options on their website for both the inside and outside of the cake, making it super easy to order online. All their work is done by hand. Paw patrol birthday cake pops anyone?
Another great option for custom birthday cakes for kids in the Ottawa area is D’Cake, a company that specializes in made-to-order cakes. All of D’Cake’s creations are made entirely from scratch and by hand.
D’Cake can create custom cakes for any occasion, and their Instagram boasts an impressive collection of custom cakes and creations for kids themed cakes. D’Cake asks for 14 days lead time for orders, and last minute accommodations can be made only if their schedule permits.
Custom Cake Costs
How much should you expect to pay for custom cakes for kids in Ottawa? It depends on how big and elaborate you want it to be. You should expect to pay anywhere from $50 (for a one-layer, one colour cake with regular icing) to $200 (for a multi-tier, elaborate cake with fondant and details).
Things To Decide
Before ordering your cake, here’s some things you should know:
- How many people you’re looking to serve. This will determine the size of the cake.
- The Shape Of The Cake You Want. Typically, bakeries offer square or round tiers, but can create custom shapes upon request.
- Any allergies or dietary requirements from your guest list.
- Cake flavour and colour. The bakery will have a list of flavours for inside the cake, and cake also dye the inside to fit any theme, including a rainbow cake.
- Icing Flavour. Do you know if you want a fondant icing or regular icing on the outside? While fondant is what gives designer cakes their clean cut look and intricate designs, the consistency and flavour can sometimes be not sweet enough for kids to really enjoy.
- Photos Help. There are a plethora of photos on the internet to get inspiration from for your custom cake, and this can help bakeries to understand what you’re looking for and exceed your expectations. If you can have photos of cakes you like when ordering, this will make the process that much easier (and the cake that much better).
Looking for Paw Patrol Cake Inspiration? Here are some of the coolest Paw Patrol Cakes we found!
This Skye Paw Patrol Cake is adorable, and the large number on the top with paw prints really makes the cake.
Skye is a popular choice for Paw Patrol Cakes, and the cute colour scheme, mixed with the creative blue leash and cute pastel hot air balloons makes this cake a favourite!
Paw Patrol Red and Blue Cake
The colour scheme on this cake is 100% Paw Patrol! Not to mention the use of all of the characters’ action figures. This is perfect for any Paw Patrol fan!
Paw Patrol Cake Topper
The use of this large cake topper makes this cake really stand out! Edible print helps to make this cake look super official!
Cupcakes and cake pops may be the way to go for a party with various food sensitivities. Cake pops can make for some extremely fun creations, like these adorable matching Paw Patrol cake pops!
Custom cupcakes are a great option, too. They can build on whatever Paw Patrol colour scheme you’re going for and give kids a fun choice to make, like choosing between chocolate and vanilla, or different Paw Patrol characters:
Custom Cake Toppers
The cupcakes above actually show another great option for last-minute cake shoppers or those on a budget. Cake toppers and cake stands are an easy way to incorporate a theme into your party’s cake time. They are also available at Walmart and Party City in a variety of themes. Then, all you need to do is get some icing in Paw Patrol colours and voila!