Custom cupcakes are an increasingly popular choice for parties today for a few reasons. Not only do they look amazing on display, but they allow for more variety in taste, flavour, colour, and dietary restrictions. They’re super versatile, super easy to serve, and taste amazing…so amazing that some birthday, wedding and corporate celebrations are foregoing the cake altogether in favour of custom cupcakes. If that’s what brings you here today, below you’ll find three bakeries in Ottawa that do a fabulous job at making custom cupcakes for any occasion.
Artistic Cake Design
Artistic Cake Design is a family business in Ottawa that is run by three generations of cake designers. They do incredible work with fondant and deco. They can work with any inspiration and colour scheme. The family does all of their baking on-site, and their years of experience can bring any theme or inspiration to life. If you’re looking for anything from superhero themed cupcakes to a more corporate appeal, you can’t go wrong with this team.
Carla’s Cakes does everything from custom cakes, cake-pops to cupcakes. They are an incredibly versatile company that can provide nut free, gluten free, sugar free, vegan and halal cakes for any order. They also offers customizable options on their website for both the inside and outside of the cupcake, making it super easy to order online. All their work is done by hand. Paw patrol birthday cupcakes anyone?
Custom CupCake Costs
How much should you expect to pay for custom cupcakes in Ottawa? You should expect to pay anywhere from $2.50 per cupcake to 20 cupcakes for $50.00. The price will vary depending on flavours and restrictions.
Things To Decide
Before ordering your cupcakes, here’s some things you should know:
- How many people you’re looking to serve. This will determine the size of your order.
- Any allergies or dietary requirements from your guest list.
- Cake flavours and colours. The bakery will have a list of flavours for inside the cupcakes as well as for the icing. You may be able to choose multiple flavours in one order, but that depends on the bakery.
- Icing Flavour. Do you know if you want a fondant icing or regular icing, or a mixture of both? While fondant is what gives designer cakes and cupcakes their clean cut look and intricate designs, the consistency and flavour can sometimes be not sweet enough for kids to really enjoy.
- Photos Help. There are a plethora of photos on the internet to get inspiration from for your custom cupcakes, and this can help bakeries to understand what you’re looking for and exceed your expectations. If you can have photos of cupcakes you like when ordering, this will make the process that much easier (and the cupcakes that much better).
Inspiration – The Best In Photos
Need help finding inspiration for your custom cupcakes? Here’s some of our favourites.
These floral cupcakes are so crisp and elegant.
Spring Multi-Coloured Cupcakes
How this baker was able to use multiple colours in a fun way is amazing.
Favourite Things Cupcakes
Buying custom cupcakes for a friend’s birthday? Write a list of her favourite things and make them into edible custom cupcake decorations.
Sometimes custom is less about the design and more about the gourmet ingredients, like these decadent lemon blackberry cupcakes.
Birthday Girl Themed Cupcakes
Give your bakery a theme and let her run with it…you won’t be disappointed!
Little Mermaid Cupcakes
These lifelike mermaid cupcakes are magical.
These are perfect for a wedding, anniversary, valentine’s day, date, you name it. Super romantic!
Grey’s Anatomy Cupcakes
Inspired by your favourite TV show?
Getting cupcakes for the little man in your life? These lion cupcakes are adorable.