A candy table or dessert table is an ultra trendy addition to any party. A decorative array of your favourite treats, customized to match the colour scheme and theme of any event, offers a fun tasting experience for all of your guests. Candy tables are perfect for baby showers, birthday parties, weddings, bridal showers, guy’s nights, and the list goes on.
Professional event catering/decor companies offer a super simple candy table service that delivers a unique, custom table display to your event. The candy table can be scaled according to your needs and budget, and with the help of the decorator, can bring your party to life.
Here are 3 companies who offer custom candy tables for events in Ottawa, Kanata, and Gatineau.
Ottawa’s Kennedy Events specializes in designer dessert tables for weddings, showers, birthday parties, and more. Whether you want a styled dessert table or candy station, the team at Kennedy Events can organize and arrange a custom candy table for any event.
Your Sweet Table
Your Sweet Table specialized in creating modern sweet tables in Ottawa. They use paper flower decor, customized backdrops, cake and cupcake toppers, signage and chocolate bouquet centrepieces to bring your party theme to life.
They are pros at combining and coordinating the best in stationary, backdrops, desserts and candies to create the perfect station. Their facebook pages has an impressive portfolio of colourful and vibrant displays.
Carlas Cakes is another Ottawa expert who delivers fabulous custom dessert tables and candy stations. As a cake decorator, she works wonders by creating an array of cakes & cupcakes, all colour coordinated for your event.
Custom Candy Tables & Dessert Tables Costs
How much should you expect to pay for a custom candy table in Ottawa? It depends on the type of food and the size of the table you want.
A typical dessert table with a custom cake and other food items will cost anywhere from $300 – $1,000.
Things To Decide
Before ordering your custom dessert table, here’s some things you should know:
- How many people you’re looking to serve. This will determine the size and amount of food you’re ordering. Generally, you aim to have atleast 3-4 “dessert” pieces (cupcakes, cookies, etc) for each guest.
- The Theme/ Colour Scheme Of Your Party. Decorators will be able to create a table off of very little inspiration, but it helps to decide on a general colour scheme or theme beforehand.
- Any allergies or dietary requirements from your guest list.
- Cake flavour and colour. If you are getting a cake for the centrepiece, the bakery will have a list of flavours for inside the cake to choose from.
- Icing Flavour. For the cake, do you know if you want a fondant icing or regular icing on the outside? While fondant is what gives designer cakes their clean cut look and intricate designs, the consistency and flavour can sometimes be not sweet enough for kids to really enjoy.
- Photos Help. There are a plethora of photos on the internet to get inspiration from for your candy table & dessert station, and this can help designers to understand what you’re looking for and exceed your expectations. If you can have photos of tables you like when ordering, this will make the process that much easier (and the cake that much better).
Here are some candy table and dessert table inspiration:
White and Gold Theme
The jars in this white and gold themed candy bar are out of this world perfect.
Donuts & Candy
Adding a donut wall to your dessert station? Yes please! This gorgeous and sequined table is right out of a fairy tale.
Lettered Table Stand Candy Station
Ouf! This is a next level candy station, but what truly makes this table is the lettered table stands. The gold and pastel pink backdrop with floral
Elephant Themed Candy Table
We love this unique elephant themed candy table theme, perfect for a little one’s birthday or a baby shower. Peep the candy apples and iced marsh-mellows!
Winter Wonderland Themed Baby Shower Table
Blue, white, and silver are such a great colour scheme to work with for a winter baby shower, and this baby shower table lives up to the task. Love!
Co-ed Birthday Party Dessert Table
Love the way the designer incorporated both themes into this dessert table, bravo!
Starbucks Themed Candy Table
Love how this candy table is cleverly disguised as a Starbucks bar. So adorable!
Tropical Themed Baptism Candy Table
There are so many intricate details on this candy table, we can’t pick just one! Everything from the colour scheme, lettering, and pedestals and tableware is on point.
Chocolate Dessert Table
This heavenly display of chocolate is a dream come true. I love the champagne flutes used for mousse. Strawberries are a great addition to the chocolate theme, too. A cupcake tower and chocolate truffles assortment adds to the display.
Candy Dessert Table
Sometimes, adding real candy is a cool way to add something quick and fun to your table! Love the use of colour coordinated candy to bring this table to life!
Other cool ideas include:
Paw Patrol Themed Candy Table
Barbie Themed Candy Table
Wedding Dessert Table
Baby Shower Candy Table
Bridal Shower Candy Table
Event Candy Table
Peppa Pig Themed Birthday Candy
Colourful Candy Table
Pink Candy Table
Birthday Candy Tables
Birthday Dessert Tables