You’ve finally arrived at the 20-week mark, and you’re ready to start the next chapter of your pregnancy and find out the gender of your baby! Whether you want to celebrate this moment with family and friends or more privately, a gender reveal cake is the perfect way to reveal the surprise, or, to celebrate with. Here are 3 bakeries in Brockville, Leeds and Grenville and 1000 Islands that do amazing custom gender reveal cakes!
Saima’s Cake Parlour
Saima’s Cake Parlour is one of Brockville’s best cake designers. She specializes in elegant, multi-tiered cakes. She can also do sugar free and egg free cakes for your gender reveal. She has an impressive gallery of pinterest-worthy custom cake creations on her website, found here.
Tait’s Fresh Start
Tait’s is a well-known bakery located in the heart of downtown Brockville. They are famous for their pies, breads, and baked goods. Tait’s is a family-fun business that has been baking for the 1000 Islands area for over 100 years and across many generations. They create decadent speciality cakes in a variety of sizes and flavours, including carrot, tootie footie, angel food cake and more! They are a great option for anyone in Brockville looking for a custom gender reveal cake.
If you’re closer to the Ganonoque area, Panache Bakery is a fun and modern bakery that does amazing custom cakes. They can work with both fondent and regular icing, helping to create that elegant and decadent cake of your dreams. The bakery does custom cupcakes, too, and can accommodate your needs and requests for the perfect gender reveal cake.
What To Know
Custom Cake Costs
How much should you expect to pay for a gender reveal cake in Brockville, Leeds and 1000 Islands? It depends on how big and elaborate you want it to be. You should expect to pay anywhere from $30 (for a one-layer, one colour cake with regular icing) to $150 (for a multi-tier, elaborate cake with fondant and details).
Things To Decide
Before ordering your cake, here’s some things you should know:
- How many people you’re looking to serve. This will determine the size of the cake.
- The Shape Of The Cake You Want. Typically, bakeries offer square or round tiers, but can create custom shapes upon request.
- Any allergies or dietary requirements from your guest list.
- Cake flavour and colour. The bakery will have a list of flavours for inside the cake, though it will be limited due to the need to colour the cake for the baby’s gender.
- Icing Flavour. Do you know if you want a fondant icing or regular icing on the outside? While fondant is what gives designer cakes their clean cut look and intricate designs, the consistency and flavour can sometimes be not sweet enough for kids to really enjoy.
- Photos Help. There are a plethora of photos on the internet to get inspiration from for your gender reveal cake, and this can help bakeries to understand what you’re looking for and exceed your expectations. If you can have photos of cakes you like when ordering, this will make the process that much easier (and the cake that much better).
Here are some gender reveal cake ideas and inspirations:
This pastel blue and pink cake is so clean and cute, it’s a great option for your gender reveal party.
Looking for something more elegant and decoration? The use of a more turquoise shade of blue adds so much sophistication to this cake. Not to mention the dripped pink icing on top, which brings this gender reveal cake to the next level.
Flags and confetti make this cake look super fun! But what’s really unique is the use of baby footprints on this cake, it adds a special element for any expecting parents.
The dramatic split of pink and blue is bold and fun, and the chocolate covered strawberries on and around this cake make it one of our favourite gender reveal cake concepts! This way, if dad doesn’t get the little hockey player he wanted, he can still grab a blue strawberry as a consolation prize.
Another fun drip cake, this inspo photo shows how fun cake toppers can be, like this oversized Oh Baby Cake Topper.
How about a white gender reveal cake? The white and gold on this cake is so elegant and classy. And, it really leaves the colour and fun to the big reveal!
Cupcakes and cake pops may be a good add-on for a party with various food sensitivities. Cake pops can make for some extremely fun creations, like this gender reveal cake pops!
Custom cupcakes are a great option, too. They can build on whatever theme you’re going for and give guests a fun choice to make.