Birthday Cakes, Wedding Cakes, or Anniversary Cakes..whatever the occasion, a custom cake brings your celebration to the next level and makes it truly special and memorable.
Here are three bakeries in Cornwall, Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry that do custom cakes for any occasion.
Fairy Sweet is a team of Master Cake Designers & Chocolatiers that have been creating amazing custom baked goods since 2013. They specialize in fine chocolates, custom cakes and pastries. They are known around the world for holding the record for the world’s largest ferrero rocher, weighing 25 lbs, and the world’s largest man made Cadbury Cream egg weighing in at 12 lbs! They’ve also placed in the top 3 in a 2018 World Wide Caking competition. This team is perfect fit for anyone looking for something fancy, elegant, custom and delicious a formal occasion!
Ingleside Bakery and Gourmet Foods
Are you looking for a bakery closer to Long Sault, Ingleside or Morrisburg? Ingleside has been blessed with a brand new gourmet bakery that does amazing custom and quality cakes and a ton of baked goods. The team at Ingleside Bakery and Gourmet Foods can do everything from multi-tiered, fondant cakes to custom cupcakes and cake pops.
Cakes & More Cornwall
Cakes & More is a bakery in the Eastcourt Mall that does custom cupcakes and cakes. Their team of cake decorators are happy to help bring your custom cake ideas to life! They also do custom cupcakes, and have a variety of pre-made cakes available, too.
Custom Cake Costs
How much should you expect to pay for custom cakes in Cornwall, SD&G? It depends on how big and elaborate you want it to be. You should expect to pay anywhere from $25 (for a one-layer, one colour cake with regular icing) to $150 (for a multi-tier, elaborate cake with fondant and details).
Things To Decide
Before ordering your cake, here’s some things you should know:
- How many people you’re looking to serve. This will determine the size of the cake.
- The Shape Of The Cake You Want. Typically, bakeries offer square or round tiers, but can create custom shapes upon request.
- Any allergies or dietary requirements from your guest list.
- Cake flavour and colour. The bakery will have a list of flavours for inside the cake, and cake also dye the inside to fit any theme, including a rainbow cake.
- Icing Flavour. Do you know if you want a fondant icing or regular icing on the outside? While fondant is what gives designer cakes their clean cut look and intricate designs, the consistency and flavour can sometimes be not sweet enough for kids to really enjoy.
- Photos Help. There are a plethora of photos on the internet to get inspiration from for your custom cake, and this can help bakeries to understand what you’re looking for and exceed your expectations. If you can have photos of cakes you like when ordering, this will make the process that much easier (and the cake that much better).